7/20/10

Fun with Juggies and Funk

Think life with little ones is all dirty diapers, spit-up, and safety hazards? (Now who on earth could’ve given you THAT impression?! ;) Not so, my friends. Sometimes it’s more fun than you can shake a stick at. Though I wouldn’t advise it, because sticks are sharp and someone could lose an eye.

If your definition of fun involves tequila shots and shirtless frat boys, of course, you’re in for a bit of an adjustment post-kids. Though I would daresay the shirtless guys around my house are MUCH cuter than any beer-soaked dude in a backwards baseball cap. (Although did you SEE the photos of Zac Efron in People magazine recently?!)

Here’s just a small sampling of the shenanigans we get up to around here:

Making fun of each other. I’d say we laugh WITH each other rather than AT each other, but that would be a lie. Fortunately, a lot of times we’re laughing at the baby, who’s too young to realize he’s the butt of our jokes.

Speaking of butts, the Huggies jeans diapers he’s been sporting since my MIL bought him a pack are an endless source of amusement. Have you seen these? C. calls them “Juggies” (Get it? Jeans + Huggies) or Daisy Dukes.

Baby dance parties. Anyone who’s ever seen an episode of “America’s Funniest Videos” can attest to the fact that kids + music = hilarity. Kids just seem to have this natural rhythm that can’t be contained. Riley starts rocking out to any tune he hears, even the theme music of Miles’ video games.

The other day I had the XM Radio tuned to my personal favorite station, acoustic coffeehouse feminists or something like that, when the baby grabbed the remote and somehow navigated to old school funk. Get down, get down… He sure can shake his Juggies-clad booty.

Taking pictures. I’m going to reveal my advanced age with this comment, but can I just say how astounding I find it that my 4 y.o. can use a digital camera? And he actually takes really good pictures! Check out this artistic sky shot. I was twice his age before I got my first Polaroid camera. A Polaroid!! I’d have a hard time trying to even explain what film is to today’s kids. Wow, I’m old.

Other pastimes include streaking, karaoke, and Mommy & Me happy hours with the neighbors. Although I’ve sacrificed many a glass of wine to rescue someone from a tricycle collision or errant Frisbee. Maybe it’s time to get one of those hands-free beer hats. You know, like a beer-soaked frat boy.

LINK O’ THE WEEK: “Sh*t My Kids Ruined” features photos of – you guessed it – stuff kids have destroyed, defaced, or worse.

5 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

I agree the pros certainly outweigh the cons of being a parent. I love it. Even though there are times I want to pull my hair out. Those quiet walks at the park or baby dance parties make it all worth while!!!

Shannon @ AnchorMommy said...

OMG, those Juggies are bizarre looking! I thought they were a joke when I saw a picture of the package the other day, but clearly they do exist! Sheesh, what's next...Speedo Huggies, perhaps? Eeek.

Hey, speaking of Mommy & Me happy hours...just yesterday I saw a picture of Zach Galifianakis sporting a wine glass version of the beer helmet! Get yourself one of those babies! I hope someone gets me one as a post-birth gift.

Mom2Miles said...

yay for baby dance parties!!

Shannon, that hat sounds AWESOME. How have I never heard of it before?!

I can't believe you're going to pop any day now. So exciting!! And nerve-wracking, too, I'd imagine. :)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

The commercial for those diapers is hilarious. Juggies - haha :)

And I have to say - I love me some karaoke. We break out our little machine from time to time.

Madelyn said...

The Juggies are too cute! And I must admit nothing can put a smile on my face faster than to see a toddler start to dance. Our next door neighbor (he's 2!) is a constant source of amusement in that department. Can't wait until my little one starts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails