10/4/05

What's New

January 2011:
Register now for the next session of my 6-week online writing class, "Personal Essays That Get Published," starting Jan. 12! It's as fun to teach as people tell me it is to take. Past students have gotten published in Chicago Parent, HybridMom.com, The New York Times, and Southern Living. Go here for more info and to sign up.

December 2010:
My essay for Babble.com on being raised in an anti-TV family and how it backfired for me and my kids. Read "The Truth About Kids and TV."

March 2010:

I attended my first-ever blog conference, Bloggy Boot Camp Baltimore. It was a fun, informative day. Read more about it here.

January 2010:
Gearing up for the next session of my 6-week online writing class, "Personal Essays That Get Published," starting Jan. 13. It's as fun to teach as people tell me it is to take. Past students have gotten published in Chicago Parent, HybridMom.com, The New York Times, and Southern Living. Go here for more info and to sign up.

September 2009:
I may be the longest running mom blogger with the smallest (but NICEST!) following ever. I'd like to change that. Anonymous hate mail? PR spam? Bring it on! Just kidding. What I mean is, I'd like to share my labor of love -- this blog -- with even MORE nice people like you all.

So please nominate me for TheBump.com's Mommy Blog Awards in the Best Baby Journal Blog category! There's some good karma in it for you.

August 2009:

I am now a guest blogger for Momversation! Check out my recent posts, "Give Me a Break" and "Me Time in the Real World."

July 2009:
Just wrapped my May 2009 essay writing class and already 2 students have had their work accepted and/or published! For lots of people, it's the first time they've seen their byline in print and gotten PAID for their writing. Exciting stuff!

If you're interested in the next session of the 6-week e-mail class, which starts Oct. 7, check it out here.

May 2009:
Exciting news, people: I am now a featured guest blogger for TheBump.com! It’s a sister site of TheKnot.com. Remember The Knot? If you were anything like me, you became addicted to the site the minute you got that engagement ring on your finger. I would spend HOURS debating the benefits of bridesmaid dresses, looking for centerpiece ideas, learning new terms like tussy-mussy ... But I digress.

For The Bump, I will be blogging twice a month about the stuff that concerns me now, as a frumpy old wife and mom.

March 2009
:
I’m excited and honored to have my essay, “Taking Care,” included in this new anthology!

A Cup of Comfort for New Mothers: Stories that celebrate the miracle of life

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails