10/7/09

Confessions of a TV Junkie

I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I love TV. Stupid, mindless sitcoms, gimmicky talk shows, scripted reality shows, even the dullest home renovation show on HGTV. Give me the remote and make room on the couch!

I'm sure this comes as a huge disappointment to my parents, who only watch the news and prefer to unwind by reading The New Yorker and listening to classical music. Guess this is a case for nature over nurture, huh? And clearly, passive lowbrow entertainment is in my nature.

I don't care, I'm tired of pretending that I don't have time to read or cook or scrapbook. I do, I just don't want to! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go set the DVR for "Glee," "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town." Read more about my addiction to the boob tube on The Bump.com:

5 comments:

Melinda Leigh said...

you and I should get together and watch tv- sounds like me. I feel like I watch everything (but not to the exclusion of reading, etc, but tv is a contstant). Mc once commented that she thought my mom watched more tv than any other highly educated person she knew- so in my case, it's clearly genetic!

Green Mom said...

I think if we knew each other in real life we'd be best friends. I started reading your blog when I was pregnant with my first son 3 years ago. The post that caught my eye was one in which you were talking about not reading to your baby in utero. I really connected with what you had to say, and almost every time you post a new entry I forward it to my husband with and OMG, that's exactly what we were just talking about. He says we're kindred souls. Thanks for saying the things I think, but don't always say.

Mom2Miles said...

Melinda: what are you doing online, girl?! You have a newborn -- you should be sleeping!!!

Green Mom: Your comment made my day! Thanks so much for being a dedicated reader all these years!

Stuff Parents Need said...

I don't have cable in my house, but because so many shows are online now, I still watch my fair share of tv. Glee is my new favorite, and otherwise, I confess to enjoying junkie reality tv! Let the brain rotting commence!

EC said...

I feel like every time I read your post you are describing my life, down to every thought. Yep, I surely could make time for more reading or a hobby, but I am simply WAY TOO TIRED to do so. For now, this phase of life consists of vegging in front of the TV.

Related Posts with Thumbnails