10/23/09

Brother Bother

Bringing home a new baby 8 mos. ago was a huge adjustment, I'm not gonna lie. Especially for our first-born, who for almost 3 years had enjoyed a nice run as an only child and The Center of the Universe. In our house, anyway.

Miles' feelings for his little brother have run the gamut from curiosity to amusement to love to annoyance. I hesitate to say "hate," because it's never gotten quite THAT bad. This video perhaps best illustrates my sons' relationship:


Since Miles has to put up with a screetching sidekick most of the time, it's no surprise that on the few occasions he gets an outing -- or a parent -- to himself, he's over the moon. Read more about our recent mother-son bonding at TheBump.com:

4 comments:

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Love that video! Ha, ha, ha! Now I'm having a flashback to when I brought my newborn son home. I'd catch his big sister "patting" him lovingly. She would pat harder, Harder, HARDER until I wasn't exactly sure if they were love pats, or trying to give him a big ol' punch in the arm!

Stuff Parents Need said...

I loved that! It reminds me of the youtube sensation "Charlie bit my finger." He's happy, but also NOT!

katie said...

Awww, poor big brother!

I love the title of this post... my son has been quoting the show "Olivia" lately, telling me that Ian is her "little bother". He thinks it's hilarious, although I don't think he knows what it means...yet!

Kathleen said...

I like to say that what COMES around GOES around. When Alex was 2 and Julianna a baby, he liked to drag her around by her clothes, push her, shove her...nothing vicious, it was just that she was an object of scientific experimentation. She screamed every time she saw him coming...until she learned that she could reduce him to jelly-legged giggles. Now that we have Nicholas at home and Julianna is two...you guessed it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails