9/17/09

Weekends: Then & Now

Sometimes during the week I'll realize I've forgotten what day it is. In fact, the only clue that it may be a Saturday or Sunday is that my husband is around. Or he's not, but I only have one kid since the other's with Daddy. But basically, the weekends are just more of the same thing we do during the week -- meals, naps, cleaning, errands, tantrums.

Remember when weekends were actually a BREAK from the routine? I do -- vaguely. Read more about how my weekends have changed post-baby on The Bump.com:

1 comment:

K said...

Oh, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry or just bury my head in my arms at the keyboard! I love your post on The Bump because it is so true. Every bit of it down to the counters and not sleeping in to waiting on Fridays for the hubby to come home! I always forget what day it is; usually it's the trash truck on Wed. mornings that reminds me what day it is. I miss many details of the free time I used to have, but the details of my routine now are so much more meaningful. Wonderful article! It made my day to read this :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails