6/22/10

Fit Mama

Whenever I spot a pregnant woman at the gym, I smile at her. I'm sure these people are like, "Why is this crazy lady grinning at me?" But it's because I worked out during both MY pregnancies, and I often felt like a spectacle with my huge, protruding belly in a place where most people go to lose theirs.

It's not like I was bench-pressing my body weight or training for a 10k when I was pregnant. It was more just to keep things loose (or tight, as the case may be) and honestly, another big benefit was stress-relief and mental health. Which I then proceeded to lose once the baby was born, but I digress... Anyway, you can read more about my quest to be a Fit Mama on TheBump.com:

3 comments:

angie said...

Reclining Hippo! I'm picking myself off the floor now. Too funny. I really enjoyed prenatal yoga classes and the elliptical.Baby Blake was determined to break me so I ended up on bedrest, canceling out my hard work! A year later, I'm finally getting my groove back. Here's to you, fit Mama!

RockStarLiz said...

Hi there! I am 30, and considering having a baby. My husband and I have nearly the perfect situation (jobs, house, great relationship, relatives nearby, etc..) However, I'm finding it hard to get past all of the negative propaganda these days. I've been hooked on your blog for a couple of days now, hoping to find some insight into first time parenting. I'm sure you get this a lot, but I "feel like I know you now" after reading all about your life. I want to ask tons of questions, because, frankly, I don't think my friends are giving me honest answers. Is that weird?

Mom2Miles said...

Hi, School Girl, welcome to my blog! No, that's not weird at all. I'm happy to give you the real scoop - shoot! Chances are, I've already blogged about it, but if not I may turn my answers into a future post. Because like I tell my writing students, if you have a question, chances are somebody else does too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails