6/18/09

Who's Sleeping in My Bed?

“Why would anyone sleep with their kids by choice?” I used to wonder. That was before I’d even heard of the terms co-sleeping, bed-sharing, or the family bed. But whatever you call it, I had no interest. I don’t even like sharing a bed with my husband. (Sorry, sweetie. But, seriously, the man turns into a block of ice during the night.)

So why is it that every morning I now wake up with a 15-lb. terrycloth-clad extra person in my bed?

Find out how I became a reluctant co-sleeper at TheBump.com:

2 comments:

Loukia said...

Great post! I read it over on thebump.com but can't comment there, because, well, my computer at work has ISSUES, like - big time! So, nicely written. I have to say, I looove sleeping beside my baby boy! With my first, he slept in the co-sleeper until he was 6 months, then he went to his room in his crib, but I, being the worried mom that I am, got a floor mattress and slept in his room pretty much until our second baby was born! Then, our oldest son had a nice queen size bed so either me or hubby would sleep with him if he ever wanted. Baby number 2 slept in the co-sleeper and then went to his crib at 6 months, however, I did not bring the floor mattress in his room. He usually will sort of wake up at 1 a.m. and that's when I pick him up and bring him to our bed. I almost wait for that time! Love it. :)

April said...

yeah for this post. I too let my son sleep with us. I never even tried the crib. We kept him in the pack and play right next to the bed, until like you, I realized everyone slept better when we were all together. At one year, we converted the crib to the full size and he took to it right away. it is awesome. I like how you put it though about how you didn't care what the books or whatever said. Right on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails