3/21/07

Month 10: Boy Crazy

This may be my favorite age yet. Miles is Mr. Personality lately -- giggling, babbling, even waving bye-bye. (Sort of. It’s more of a wrist flop than a real wave, but whatever.) I’m just crazy about him lately. Even though, to be honest, he behaves like a mini frat boy.

He burps, farts, and growls. When he’s excited, he pumps his little fists in the air and yells, “Ya-ya-ya!” He’s got a mischievous streak, too. He’ll do things like rip up the newspaper I’m reading or put a bit of carpet grunge in his mouth, staring right at me the whole time, like “Ha, ha, what are you going to do about it, Mama?”

He’s definitely a boob man. He cries when I make him go to bed alone, always angling to sleep with me. And sometimes he tries to make out with me, planting his slobbery, wet, open mouth right on my cheek! He even looks like a little frat boy, since his dad likes to dress him in mini wind pants and sports jerseys. Let’s face it, swap the sippy cup for a can of Coors Light, and my baby is Bluto from “Animal House.” (C. helped me with that reference.)

My husband is very concerned about our son's image. At the moment, C.’s not liking the “baby mullet” Miles has got going on. I’m just happy the kid finally has some hair. No way am I letting someone cut it off! Plus, it’s kind of funny to see his baby bedhead in the morning. Little tufts of hair stick out from the back of his head in a sort of “Bozo the Clown” style. It’s adorable, people, take my word.

Is there anything as boring as a new mom going on and on about how cute her baby is? Probably not, which is why this is a short post!

TIP O’ THE WEEK: If your baby won’t eat something -- say, peas -- mix them with something he does like, such as cereal or applesauce. It sounds gross to us, but babies don’t care. Miles once ate a yogurt-spinach-oatmeal combo and LOVED it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails